Monday 22 August 2011

Celebration Time!

Here I am with my beautiful Mum, who celebrated her 65th Birthday at the weekend. We enjoyed a fantastic party with lots of family, friends, dancing and laughter, the evening was wonderful. My Dad, Sister and I decorated the room for the evening and created some little surprises for Mum along the way. I had initially designed her party invites and we followed the theme of the invites through to the decorations on the day. Below are the table centre pieces, this lady appeared on the invites so we thought it a good idea to have her throughout the decor for the evening. On the night each table had a lady in the centre with balloons behind her and lots of sprinkles and party poppers dotted around......She looked fab on the night... don't you think......
I also painstakingly cut out 100 little lady cake toppers, as my Sister made over 100 cupcakes for the celebration... she is the "Cupcake Queen"!
And here they are on the night in all their glory, they really looked fab when set up on the cakes, well done Sis as the cupcakes were delicious!
Here are me and my Sis enjoying a cocktail after all our hard work.....
It was so lovely to see so many friends and family, below are me, my Mum and Dad with two of my friends from my School Days... Happy Times...
And of course not to forget my gorgeous hubby, it was lovely to relax, let our hair down and have a good ol' boogie!
HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUM!!

6 comments:

Joy said...

That looks like a wonderful party. Doesnt Mum look fantastic for 65. I hope I can look that good on my 65th birthday.

Joanna said...

Your Mum is 65??!! She looks FANTASTIC and very glamorous! Lucky you, she's in your genes!!

The party looks great fun - your sister and you made a great team with the cakes and decs.

x

Unknown said...

Hi Amanda, Isn't your mother incredibly glamorous! Can't believe she's 65! The cakes you made her are amazing, well done you and Sis. Mary XXXX

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! Your mother can't be 65! She is soooo lovely! I am so glad you had a wonderful time:)
XOXOXO
Becky

Anonymous said...

wow! your mom looks so young and beautiful! I just discovered you via Flickr and am so happy I did! All your work is amazing... can't wait to visit again.

Rita said...

Wow! your Mother looks wonderful. Not a day over 30.
Those cakes are inspirational too. I can see you are a creative family.
Love Rita xxx