Wednesday 28 December 2011

My Christmas & Boxing Day

Gosh, it's been a whirlwind of a Christmas Period so far, we had a super Christmas Eve, attending a Children's Church Service, which was really magical, with the Nativity Story told with puppets to keep the kids interest and then lots of Christmassy Songs, Ding Dong Merrily on High, Little Donkey and a magical Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, which the kids all loved.  Then it was on to the local pub with kids and all for a little drink with friends before heading home to put out the stockings and Mince Pie and Milk for Santa!  The boys were so excited, and on Christmas morning awoke at 5.30am!!!  But Santa did not disappoint, and they had a sack full of goodies beside the fire.
Christmas Day was spent at our home with friends and some family, here our lovely neighbours popped in for a Christmas drink before heading on for their day with family....
The table all set before the guests arrived, I made the little name cards, pretty one's for the ladies and some vintage cheeky one's for the boys...
Here are our guests just sitting down for their starters... my wonderful husband is not in the shot as he and my friend Claire (seated in the centre) prepared the Christmas Dinner.  Our friend Matt (seated on the left) is a Fireman and he was on call, unfortunately just after he ate his starter he had to dash off to a fire, but did return a couple of hours later and was then able to have Christmas Dinner, bless him.
The boys and their friend had a table all to themselves, with lots of Christmas Crackers and party poppers...
Boxing Day we travelled to my Parents home to spend the day with my family; Parents, Brother, Sister, her husband, and my gorgeous little niece...
Here I am with Mum, she always puts on a wonderful spread, the food was fabulous, and there was lots of laughter and fun.... a FABULOUS day!
My regular readers may remember my Sister got married a few weeks ago, and had a magical Wedding, here she is wearing the crown from her wedding day, it was so beautiful, she has vowed to get it out every Christmas and wear it instead of the traditional party hat....
Here I am with my boys, they love being at Grandma and Grandpa's house, and are very smitten with their new baby cousin, as you'll see from the photo's below....

And of course, as on my Sister's Wedding Day, little Isabella stole the show.... I think you'll all agree, she is truly scrumptious, truly, truly scrumptious!

I hope you all too have had a super Christmas, and I wish all my lovely readers a very Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

A wonderful few special days for you and your family. And you didn't have to cook, lucky you........;o)

x

Sheila A. said...

LOVE that your sister wore her wedding crown and decided to wear it every Christmas. What a gorgeous tradition to begin!