Tuesday 7 February 2012

What Happened on my "Snow Day"

Predictably, as with most Snowy Days here in the UK, we get a downfall of Snow for a few days each Winter and the whole of the UK seems to grind to a halt... trains don't run, roads aren't sufficiently gritted and Schools and Shops struggle to open!!!  Luckily on this "Snow Day" it was a Sunday so we didn't need to battle into school and work, we could just enjoy the day, walking, having fun in the snow with the kids and then returning to a roaring fire with a cup of Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows in hand and for me, a little crafting....  The freezing weather enabled me to work inside on the last remaining corset I had to create for the upcoming Drama Performance of a Mid Summer Nights Dream, above is the finished piece.  Now all that's left for me to create are 27 headdresses, and working with my good friend Sarah to help her with the skirts, so more pictures will follow as these are completed.
It has also been a special time for our family as my two boys were Seven yesterday, and we celebrated with a family get together at the weekend and then the boys had some of their friends over after school yesterday afternoon for some "boy" fun and games.  So Happy Birthday my gorgeous boys.. love you both to bits!

1 comment:

Campbell Jane said...

The corset is beautiful & so are the children!
Many Blessings
Campbelljane