Wednesday 29 August 2012

Summer Madness

It's been a busy Summer trying to juggle the kids holidays with working from home and although it's been lovely spending so much time with my boys, I am looking forward to getting back to some normality next week when they are back at School.  There are a busy few months ahead for Maygreen Fairies, starting this Saturday with the September Kitsch & Stitch Fair in Cranbrook and then the Little White Studio Collage Workshops begin, which is very exciting.  The first image above is a canvas I created with my fellow tutor at the Little White Studio, Karen Evans, it will be displayed on the Studio wall along with other art pieces we have made, for more details on these workshops please visit The Little White Studio Blog.
I also took delivery over the Summer of a huge lot of vintage lace, trimming and ribbon, so I've been working my way through it, washing, ironing and packaging it up for sale and also to use in my own works, there were some lovely pieces in this batch and I can't wait to get creating with some of it.
So, what's on my Sewing Maching at the moment!!!!  Vintage "Shabby Hearts" that will be filled to the brim with Lavender, these will be available at the Kitsch & Stitch Fair on Saturday. If you are local and in the area please pop by and say Hello, it would be great to see you.

No comments: