Tuesday 17 February 2009

Published Works - Take Flight

I was over the moon last weekend, when on Valentine's Day the postman brought me an Art Book I had been waiting to land on my doorstep for months... Art Circus! I did mention in an earlier post that some of my art had been published in new Art Book and the finished article finally arrived on my doorstep on Valentine's Day of all days!!

The book is gorgeous, it is full of magical art projects by my wonderful friend Lisa Kettell of Faerie Enchantment. If you are a fan of altered art with a vintage, whimsy feel then this book is a must for you. It is packed with lots of eye candy and easy step by step guides to creating some enchanting art.

At the back of the book there are several pages dedicated to other altered artists including myself, with links to their blogs and websites so you can explore even more eye candy on the net.

One of the pieces I submitted for this is shown above "Take Flight"

If you are lucky enough to already own this book then I think you'll agree with me when I say it is a feast for the eyes and an inspiration for the mind. You can purchase it at Amazon now!

Lots of love to Lisa Kettell, author of this book, you are a wonderful, wonderful artist and I am honoured to know you hun. xx

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Congratulations Amanda on being published I cant wait to get my hands on this magical book.

Bella said...

Halo my dear!! I am so excited to know that the book is finally on it's way ;) I haven't received my copy yet~

I am so in love with the piece you created, very beautiful!! I can't wait to see in the pages of the book!!

thanks for letting me know, I too have been anxiously awaiting...I wonder if I can just go buy it at Borders?! ;)

xo!!

Lori said...

thanks for coming over to visit with me...i LOVE the pieces you created for Lisa's book:)i wish you had a full page so i could see the smaller piece better... i can't wait to try some of the projects, i love the lion and giraffe...

KKJD1 said...

Beautiful pic "Take Flight" and congrats on it being published! Thanks so much for the birthday wishes! Hope you have a great day. Blessings, Karen

Unknown said...

Mandy oh my goodness! This is sooo wonderful I am heading over to get a copy for myself:) Can't wait to see what you have created for this book.
XXXXXX
Becky

House of Hullabaloo said...

I found your blog through Becky's. What a beautiful collage! What size is it? Is the flowing dress made from shredded papers? She looks so graceful!

Lisa

tammy smith said...

hi Amanda and thanks for finding me and introducing me to your lovely work!
Congrats on getting into this book also--I've heard of it and can't wait to thumb through it for real...also you are eXtrEmEly kind to offer to take shots in Brighton for me! I may take you up on that offer in the future--it is such a visually rich place, as is the place you live also...it looks beautiful.
We so loved England and would love to go back sometime. Please keep in touch!
Tammy

Unknown said...

Congratulations! What an awesome accomplishment!

Marfi-topia said...

hi!
i was enchanted with the concept of this wonderful piece.I love how the dress looks!
congratulations on being published.
I recently got the piddlestix's teatime volume 2 and was so excited to see your work in it!
I've just completed a little canvas and I want to tell you it was influenced by your amazing art!
thank you ..have a great new year:)