Sunday 26 April 2009

I Love a Challenge!

Since being involved with Altered Art I have had the privilege of joining several Online Art Groups and meeting and sharing ideas with some wonderfully talented people and along the way I have got involved with many Art Challenges and swaps, so I thought I'd share with you some of the bits and bobs I have created for such projects; Above is a book cover I put together for a round robin book challenge I was involved in, I used my favourite theme: Fairies and Cheeky Vintage Ladies!!

The above collage was for a "Candy Day" Challenge I participated in as part of the MMCA (Mixed Media Collage Artist) Group I belong to, and to my sheer delight I won this challenge, which was so wonderful as I was up against some very talented artists!

The piece above was a very different style for me and exciting to create... The challenge was to design an ATC WITHOUT using any paper medium at all and it had to be in a African Theme. So after much deliberation I came up with the above. I created the ATC base from polymer clay which I shaped to the standard size of an ATC and pre-punched with the holes that I would thread the suede cord through to hold the fabric print of my Lioness. The ATC was painted in mottled shades of brown, ochre and green. I then added lots of leather and wool trim to give a sumptuous look to the final piece, and I have to say, I was very proud of the end result, especially as it's not usually the kind of subject matter I work with..... As I've already said "I do lurrve a challenge!"

3 comments:

Hibiscus Moon said...

I think you aced all of them. Its so exciting to see where your lovely talent and creatvity takes you.

Unknown said...

Oh they are all wonderful! I love challenges so much fun and so many wonderful people to meet.
XXX
Becky

Lola Enchanted said...

Just beautiful!!! I'm always in Awwww of your talent!!!!