Thursday 4 June 2009

Why Women Cry

A little boy asked his Mum "why are you crying"? "Because I'm a woman" she told him;
"I don't understand" he said; His Mum just hugged him and said "and you never will"

Later the little boy asked his Dad; “Why does Mum seem to cry for no reason"?
All his Dad could say was "all women cry for no reason"


The little boy grew up and became a man, still wondering why women cry - finally he put in a call to God - when God got on the phone he asked "God - why do women cry so easily"?
God said - "When I made the woman she had to be special; I made her shoulders strong enough to carry the weight of the world, yet gentle enough to give comfort; I gave her an inner strength to endure childbirth and the rejection that many times comes from her children; I gave her a hardness that allows her to keep going when everyone else gives up, and take care of her family through sickness and fatigue without complaining…

I gave her the sensitivity to love her children under any and all circumstances even when her child has hurt her very badly; I gave her strength to carry her husband through his faults and fashioned her from his rib to protect his heart; I gave her wisdom to know that a good husband never hurts his wife, but sometimes tests her strengths and her resolve to stand beside him unfalteringly…

Any finally, I gave her a tear to shed - this is hers exclusively to use whenever it is needed - you see the beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carried, or the way she combs her hair - the beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes - because that is the doorway to her heart - the place where love resides.

3 comments:

MJ Ornaments said...

Beautiful creations, and well it must be true because I cried reading it!
Take care,
Martha

Fairy Grandmother said...

Fairy Grandmother said...what lovely words. So very true and very moving. Loves you lots Mumxxx

Unknown said...

Mandy I have heard something similar to this before but it is still so very touching.
Thank you for sharing it again:)
I tend to be a big Ball Baby so maybe next time I am sobbing in a movie or reading a book I can paraphrase this story and that will be enough!

Your Collages are so wonderful as usual!

Hope your week is magical.
XXX
Becky