Monday 5 September 2011

Recap on a Fabulous Fair - Kitsch and Stitch!!

I have been looking forward to taking part in last weekends second Kitsch and Stitch Fair for months now and it did not disappoint!  It was a fantastic event with beautiful stalls and lovely stall holders, I was so glad to be a part of it.
The venue, Cranbrooks Vestry Hall, was the perfect setting with it's Gothic Style leaded windows, and high beamed ceiling.  The refreshments were provided by the lovely ladies and gents of Hospice in the Weald and there was an array of scrumptious scones, cakes and sandwiches on offer.
 I set out my stall with plenty of my usual fantasy folk to include Whimsical Bookmarks and Greetings Cards, Fairy Magnets, Vintage inspired Jewellery, Gift Tags and much more.  I had a few displays on Halloween and Christmas incase anyone was super organised and wanted to purchase for those occasions this far in advance... and of course they did!!
It was so good to see a few familiar faces who always come and purchase from Maygreen Fairies, thank you, you are a continued support of my art and for that I am very grateful.


There were so many other fabulous stalls with lots of goodies to tempt you.  I love this company (below) Weft a Bit, they make the most gorgeous items and I couldn't resist purchasing one of their birdcage brooches.. just stunning ladies. 
If you get a chance do visit their blog for more photo's of their creations and for details on where to buy and events that they may be attending in the future.

The stalls were all set out to such a high standard, there were handmade beauties like those above and below, as well as vintage stalls selling crockery, linens, mirrors, old books and furniture, for more photos on these stalls please visit my good friend Mary's blog, Vintage Cottage, Mary took some lovely photo's of the event from a visitors perspective.


The organisers of the Event, Deb and Linda, did a fantastic job, the set up and take down of the stalls was so well arranged, everyone was extremely friendly and helpful and the whole event had such a professional feel I was so proud to be a part of it.... Thank you Deb and Linda.
For more information on each stall holder and any future Kitsch and Stitch Events, please visit the Kitsch and Stitch Blog, it is a super read with lots of links to wonderful makers sites.

One of the stall holders was the lovely Kate Tullet of Katy Lou Textiles, I have blogged about the super talented Kate before, but I wanted to give her another mention today.  Unfortunately the one photo I took of Kate's stall did not come out well, so you MUST visit her site to view her stunning textile work.  I purchased a piece of Kate's work last winter and I am hooked! So go on over and check her out, you wont be disappointed!
Well, I hope you have enjoyed your peek into September's Kitsch and Stitch, the next Fair is scheduled for December 3rd, again at the Cranbrook Vestry Hall.  Unfortunately I cannot be a part of this event as my Sister gets married on that day, but I'm sure it'll be wonderful again as it is decked out for the Christmas period!  I'll keep you all posted nearer the time.  Have a super day!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

It was a great event wasn't it? I ADORE the 'Know-it-all Fairy' necklace I bought from you, and the little fairy on the cotton reel with the butterfly on a wire. She's very happy on my dresser in the dining room!

xx

Unknown said...

Hi Amanda,
I second everything you said! Quite apart from the gorgeous items for sale, the atmosphere was wonderful too! Never did see Sarah though - say hello to her from me.

XX