Wednesday 14 December 2011

All Decked Out.....

Finally after an amazingly busy few weeks I have gotten round to decorating the house for Christmas with the help of hubby and the twins... It's always a very exciting time, we purchase the tree from a local Christmas Tree Farm, then pour out the Sherry for me and hubby, pop Christmas Songs on and set the boys up in their playroom where they decorate their tree.  We then set about dressing our real tree, the lounge, kitchen and garden room, it usually takes us a couple of days.
So, I officially welcome you to a little tour of our Christmas Home, the Angels above will greet you at the door, then we make our way into the Lounge, which is a really cosy room, especially in Winter, with the deep red walls and open fire its a lovely room at Christmas...
The decorations on the tree I have collected over the past ten years and there are lots of different types from traditional folk to more unusual handmade fabric and paper ones, here are a few close ups..

The paper decoration below is my latest purchase, I adore it!  Made from an old book and tied with grey muslin, it's so what I'm all about.... handmade and very vintage  (I didn't mean I was vintage!!)
The fabric bird below is a very special decoration for me as it was made for me as a gift last year from my very good friend Sarah, we are both lovers of handmade items and Sarah is such a talented, artsy person, I love her to bits...

You may remember from last years Christmas Post, I love old Jester Dolls at Christmas time (I know they are not everyone's cup of tea), I just think my two have a lovely Christmassy feel about them...

So we come to the end of the tour of the lounge,  we'll move on past my Shabby Skating Mouse (below) and into the Garden Room.....

The Garden Room is a lovely bright, airy room, it's where we'll be having Christmas Dinner this year with friends and family members, so we've surrounded the ceiling area with twinkly Christmas lights which look fabulous at night as they reflect off the glass, and the rest of the room has little festive trinkets dotted around, including the Bastidor Doll (first picture at the top of this post), which I have dressed for Christmas.
Rudolph always has pride of place in our Garden Room, overlooking the Christmas Table, the Twins love him....
The table centre piece awaiting Christmas Day... Hubby and my good friend Claire are cooking for us all this year, so I'm very lucky to be able to enjoy having dinner cooked for me and our guests.
So, that was just a little insight into Christmas at Maygreen House, hope you've enjoyed your tour, and may I take this opportunity to wish all my readers a Very Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It looks magical Amanda - your guests are in for a real treat! Merry Christmas to you all.

Mary xx