Monday 18 June 2012

Mid Summer (or should I say Mud Summer) Fair!

This years Wealden Mid Summer Fair was held at Hole Park Gardens in the lovely village of Rolvenden, Kent.  Sadly the weather had not been kind leading up to the Fair so the field in which the Fair was held was particularly muddy which made for an interesting "Set-Up" Day, trudging boxes and props through the mud into the marquees, but as usual us British did not let the weather get us down and within a few hours each stand was made up and looking fabulous.
I stuck with my recent set-up style of shabby, pink and whimsical, above is a shot of my little corner of magic at the Fair.  Below are the stunning net skirts I had for sale this year, a new addition to the Maygreen Fairies stock, created by my Sister under her Boutique name "Isabella Rose".
I just love my vintage screen, it adds such a pretty backdrop to the stand, here is the main table in all it's glory!  Lots to rummage through and see....
This year my Fairy Jars were a huge success, I had to go home on the first evening and create more as I had sold out in the first day!  If you are interested in the Jars they can be purchased in my Website Shop, and I do offer Bespoke Jars where I can alter a photo of a family member into a "Bottled Fairy" for a special gift.
Below, lots of loveliness in the form of my Jewellery; Whimsical Alice in Wonderland Brooch Pendants, pretty floral rings and Fairy Necklaces.
As always I had an abundance of Luxury Gift Tags which are always very popular, and this time something for the boys too....
A big thank you to all the lovely customers who came by and said hello, it was lovely to meet you and see some of my regulars.  Now, I'm back home it's back to the drawing board to conjure up more goodies for the next fair... hope to see you there!

No comments: